Thursday 26 June 2014

Install PDFLib - PHP 5+

Installing PDFLib


The  steps to Install PDFlib


I used PDFLib Lite, for free, non-commercial use http://www.pdflib.com/download/pdflib-family/pdflib-lite/


You need to be root/sudo while doing this and PEAR/PECL needs to be installed.


wget http://www.pdflib.com/binaries/PDFlib/704/PDFlib-Lite-7.0.4p4.tar.gz


tar xzvf PDFlib-Lite-7.0.4.tar.gz


cd PDFlib-Lite-7.0.4


./configure –prefix=/usr


make


make install


pecl install pdflib (will ask for installation directory, type: /usr/)


You should recieve a string similar to this:



“Build process completed successfully Installing ‘/var/tmp/pear-build-root/install-pdflib-2.1.2//usr/local/lib/php/ext


What I did next, was copy the pdf.so file into my php extensions directory: cp /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-/pdf.so /usr/include/php/ext I then modified my php.ini file, to load the pdflib, by adding the following line to the extensions section: extension=pdf.so I hope this helps some of those that got this error. There isn’t much help out there on this error, that I could find on google, that is why I decided to post it in my blog.



Install PDFLib - PHP 5+

No comments:

Post a Comment